By visiting, placing an order, or otherwise interacting with our Site or by providing us with your personal data at a Rigby & Peller point of sale, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We collect information from you when you use our Site or place an order with us. In general, we collect the following types of information from users:
- Registration and Order Information: When you register with us, place an order with us, or make a purchase at any Rigby & Peller point of sale we may collect your name, shipping and billing address, e-mail, phone number and other contact information. If you place an online order with us, we also collect your credit card number, billing address and other information necessary to process your order.
- Order History: When you make online purchases with us, we collect and store information about your purchases, such as the order date, order amount and items purchased, and the like.
- Other Information: We also collect and store information about any inquiries or communications you submit to us, and any contest, surveys and promotions in which you participate at our Site, including contests, surveys, and promotions that you may enter through Facebook or Twitter. In addition, we collect your e-mail address and name if you sign up to receive information about the latest deals, promotions and information from us.
- If you enroll to the Insiders program we collect your name, mailing address, email address, purchase history, and phone number.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your use of our Site or any orders you place, and for other customer service purposes.
- To respond to any inquiries you submit to us.
- For the purpose for which you provide the information, for example, for surveys, contests, or other promotions.
- To monitor your purchase history
- To carry out or enforce a transaction or agreement with us.
- To operate and improve the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes; for example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to email you our newsletters, special offers, and promotions.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- To display targeted advertising and to customize the content we display to users
Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy, we may freely use aggregate or anonymized information about users for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
When and How Does Company Share Information It Receives?
We may share information about you, including personal information, under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including with third parties that will assist us in processing payments, marketing and PR actions, fulfilling your order, and maintaining our Site.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Company and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy, we may freely share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
What About Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms?
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Third Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site usage. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, some Site features may not function if you disable cookies.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Site Analytics. As noted, we may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Site. We use these tools to help us improve our Site, performance and user experiences.
What About Third Party Links?
Our Site may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection and SSL encryption to protect our Site and the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
What Choices Do I Have About Receiving Marketing Communications?
We may send periodic emails to users regarding various promotions or other information that we believe may be of interest. If we send you any news and newsletters, special offers, promotions or other information we think may interest you, you may tell us to stop sending you such promotional e-mail communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Further, if you opt-out of receiving such promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional e-mails, such as emails about any orders you place.
What Rights Do I Have To Review And Rectify My Personal Information
You are entitled to review, limit and where appropriate request the rectification of your personal information. To exercise these rights, free of charge, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is free of charge.
What About User Generated Content?
If you post your own content on our Site or Services, such as user comments, your posting may become public and Company cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
What About Contests, Surveys and Other Promotions?
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, surveys and other promotions on our Site. Participation is completely voluntary. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name, e-mail and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). We may use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, and for other purposes set forth above. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests on our behalf.
Children Under 13
Our Site is not designed for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at email@example.com:
Changes to this Policy