At Rigby & Peller, we believe Lingerie and Swimwear aftercare is of the utmost importance.
Special care is needed when washing your fine lingerie and swimwear. If you follow the care instructions below, it will help keep your lingerie beautiful for longer.
Always follow the care instructions given on the label of your lingerie.
Ideally, you should wash your lingerie after having worn it for one day.
We strongly advise you to wash your lingerie by hand.
Delicate laces and embroideries will last much longer if washed gently by hand. Fill a tub with warmish water (max 30°C) and detergent, and repeatedly immerse the lingerie. Make sure that the lingerie keeps moving. Don’t wring it or rub it. Rinse with clear warmish water (max 30°C) until all the detergent is gone.
Never put lingerie in the tumble drier, but hang it out to dry. Lingerie can dry flat on a towel or be hung on a drying rack. Always hang the bra by the central front panel so it can dry evenly. Never put lingerie on a heat source. Only put lingerie away if it is completely dry. Lingerie should not be ironed.
Always follow the care instructions given on the label of your swimwear.
- Avoid wearing new swimwear in the sauna or Jacuzzi as this can cause serious degradation to the garment. We would suggest that an older garment is used as an alternative.
- Avoid contact with chlorine and sunscreen.
- Rinse swimwear immediately after every use in clean, cold water.
- Wash swimwear in cold water with detergent. Use a mild liquid detergent for delicate wash. Never let it soak overnight. Never wring swimwear.
- Never put swimwear in the tumble drier, but hang it out to dry. Swimwear can dry flat on a towel or be hung on a drying rack. Only put swimwear away if it is completely dry.
Please note, we are unable to accept as faulty returned lingerie or swimwear where damage has been caused by not following the washing instructions on the label.