The way you wash and dry your swimwear helps determine how long it lasts. While you might not wear it very often, exposure to sunlight, swimming pool chemicals, sunscreen, sweat, and seawater can wreak havoc on your favourite swimsuit or bikini. The result: faded colours and areas of wear and tear. The good news is that the right tips and tricks can extend the life of your swimwear. Follow our experts’ top tips for incredible results.
1: Useful Tips
We're sharing three super-tips to help prevent your stunning swimwear from fading or getting damaged.
1. Rinse When you're done swimming or sunbathing, immediately rinse your swimsuit or bikini in lukewarm water (max. 30 °C) to remove the most harmful substances.
2. Hand wash Always read the care instructions on the label. For the best results, our experts advise you to avoid the washing machine and wash delicate fabrics by hand instead.
3. Dry Lay swimwear out flat and allow to air dry. This protects the fibers and the elasticity of the fabric. Never wring out your swimwear or dry in direct sunlight or the dryer. According to our experts, sunlight can cause discolouration and damage.
2: Hand Washing
All of our experts agree that hand-washing is the best way to maintain the quality of your premium swimwear. How?
• Fill a bucket with cold or lukewarm water (max. 30 °C) • Add a capful of gentle detergent and mix until bubbles form • Submerge the swimwear in the soapy water • Rinse your bikini or swimsuit thoroughly – do not leave to soak!
Another clever trick: The quality of the materials plays an important role in the lifespan of your swimwear. Our high-quality Lycra is more capable of withstanding harmful substances and sunlight.
3: Machine Washing
If you don’t have time to hand-wash your swimwear, feel free to use the washing machine every now and then. Our tips?
• Use a protective laundry bag • Choose a short programme for delicate wash • Wash at 30 °C or cooler • Do not use fabric softener, as this can affect the elasticity of the fabric
With these four rules in mind, your swimwear will last extra-long. Here's to a summer of fun!